French O-Judge Bernard Maurel, the FEI 5* Judge, will be in Thailand this weekend (28-30 March) to judge at Chomview Open 2014 in Rayong which features the Dressage competition for Thailand Championships 2013/2014 Round #5.
French, English, German
- Riding since the age of 9.
- Performed in competitions for Dressage, Jumping, Eventing at national level from 1969 to 1983. Participation at numerous students’competitions in Europe.
- Diploma as Riding Coach in 1972 and Instructor in 1976.
- Breeder and owner of sport horses competing at the French championships for 5 or 6 years old in jumping, eventing or dressage since 1995.
- Official international dressage judge since 1989.
- Judging many international competitions including the Haig then Samsung Competition (from 1983 to 1995), Young Horses World Championships, many Ponies, Juniors, Young Riders and Seniors European Championships, 5 World Cup finals, Olympic Games (Atlanta 1996) and World Championship (Aachen 2006).
- Working for the French Ministry of Agriculture since 1978, as assistant director of National Stud Pompadour then director of National Stud Rosières aux Salines
- 1992 – 1995 Deputy Chief executive, National Department for Racing, Stud and Equitation, PARIS
- 1995 – 2000 Chief Executive “Institut du Cheval“ Ministry of Agriculture, POMPADOUR
- 2000 – 2004 Director of the famous National Stud Le Pin in Normandy
- Since 2005 Delegate for European projects - international department of the French National Studs.
- 2014 Appointed as the Head of the French Equitation UNESCO Project and Documentation Department
(Info via Equivents.com)